Advanced collections in a social care setting
With emphasis on practical application of theory in an adult social care sector setting, this highly engaging, active two-part training session develops your collections skills. You will learn how to use advanced collections and communication techniques in a productive yet sensitive way, to aid both the vulnerable customer and your organisation. You will build confidence and results by practising these new skills in a safe and positive environment.
What will you gain?
· Tools to identify and support vulnerability
· Stronger communication skills to help with your more challenging collections cases
· Increased cash collection results
· Improved customer relationships
· Greater confidence in collecting difficult debt
Who is it for?
This training is suitable for anyone in a collections role and is particularly useful to those working with customers in vulnerable circumstances
What will it cover?
Building on existing techniques, attendees will learn and apply advanced skills in the following topics:
1. Know your customer – KYC in a social care setting
2. Vulnerability – Identification and support of vulnerability
3. Removing barriers to communication – Recognising and reducing noise
4. Collections Practice I – Powering up a range of techniques in different situations
5. Preparing for difficult calls – Focus, compromise and feedback
6. Collections Practice II – Putting new techniques into practice using case study scenarios
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 3 Know your customer/client
BS 4 Financial and data interpretation
PS 1 Communication and relationship-building
PS 2 Problem-solving and decision-making
PS 3 Support and influencing
B1 Inquiring; B3 Resolute; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical