Fellow (FCICM) Apply now
Fellow FCICM status recognises a select group of senior credit management and collections professionals who are profession leaders. As a Fellow of the CICM you will be committed to promoting and sharing the highest credit management and collections standards. This is leadership level recognition.
Achieving FCICM status shows your commitment to the credit management and collections profession and inspires confidence with employers and clients. The FCICM professional letters enable you to:
- Gain exclusive access to professional networks and events
- Gain access to member resources such as online learning portal, mentor service, CM magazine, webinars, CICM thought leadership and reports
- Shape and contribute to CICM policies.
- Give back to the profession through mentoring and supporting new credit management talent.
- Give access to member resources such as online learning portal, mentor service, CM magazine, webinars and more.
Are you ready to apply?
The purpose of the application process is to establish if your experience meets the membership requirements for Fellow of the CICM. You’ll need to demonstrate your experience by sharing specific examples of your recent work, clearly showing how they match the membership requirements. See the How to Apply for CICM Professional Membership for more detail.
If you are an MCICM (grad) member, you will need to show evidence in your application that you have four years’ experience completing all mandatory and at least 50% of the additional requirements listed below.
If you are not a MCICM (grad), you will need to show evidence in your application that you have seven years’ experience completing all mandatory and at least 50% of the additional requirements listed below.
You can apply by online submission or by telephone interview (please call 01780 722 903 to book).
Fellow Mandatory requirements
- Leading the design, development and implementation of credit/collections and business strategy.
- Working either in commercial/consumer/export credit or a credit related organisation (as an employee or a consultant).
- Focusing on current and future risks, working and planning for the future: the next 2 years plus.
Fellow Additional requirements
- Ensure organisation-wide credit/collections policies and procedures are consistently interpreted, understood and applied, and that all deviations are appropriately reported, escalated and approved.
- Advising the organisation on all aspects of credit risk/collections management, including policy review.
- Ensuring that the organisation understands the risks associated with credit and collections which impact on cash flow, capital, investments, earnings, reputation, business operations and opportunities.
- Delivering insightful management information to the Board.
- Maintaining relationships with key service providers such as credit reference agencies.
- Engaging with external bodies to set “industry leading” credit/collections policies.
- Undertaking client visits to better understand the business/client environment.
- Working closely with other areas of the organisation to develop business insights to influence future credit/collections policy development.
- Developing and implementing a quality scorecard, monitoring the organisation’s overall credit/collections performance.
- Leading projects to ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Using credit management expertise and knowledge externally: publishing articles or texts, research, teaching, lecturing or promotional work.
- Participating in CICM national or branch affairs, holding office or serving on a committee.
Throughout your application, the assessors will be looking for evidence of:
- all Mandatory
- at least 50% of the Additional Requirements
- your underpinning knowledge
When you submit your application online you will need to upload the following documents, please have them ready.
- Your up-to-date CV (or complete section one in the form)
- Your CPD evidence (or complete section five of the form)
- Sponsor statement document
- Other evidence documents
- Overview of levels
- How to Apply for CICM Professional Membership
- Online application form
- Telephone online form
- Membership FAQs
- Sponsor form
To discuss membership call +44 (0)1780 722903 or email: email@example.com