Getting started in credit – CICM Training
Let this training programme build your skills so that you cover the credit basics in the best way. From new account onboarding and credit checking, through to sales order processing, account management and collections, this workshop will show you the best practice approach to the job. And when you have queries or cash flow challenges, your experienced trainer will give you the tools needed to handle it successfully.
What will you gain?
- Clearer understanding of credit and its value to your organisation
- Practical skills for handling new and existing accounts
- Methods for organising collections work using a monthly timetable
- Process for recording and monitoring queried invoices
- Red flags for identifying cash flow issues
- A more enjoyable job.
Who is it for?
Aimed at those who are new to the credit control job or wish to widen their understanding of the order-to-cash cycle. A helpful workshop for those working in ancillary departments.
What will it cover?
- Definition and cost of credit
- Policy, responsibility and terms of trade
- Who are your customers?
- Credit assessment
- Tough debts and excuses.
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 1 Strategy and policy
BS 3 Know your customer
BS 4 Financial and data interpretation
PS 1 Communication and relationship-building
B1 Inquiring; B3 Resolute; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical.
Delivery: In person.