An ideal follow-on from the debt recovery through the courts programme, this training provides practical advice on how to handle your own small claims.
What will you gain?
- An update on debt recovery through the
- Knowledge about how to handle small
- An opportunity to save on legal fees
through handling your own cases.
Who is it for?
The training is designed for credit managers or credit controllers who are involved in handling small claims cases. The programme provides useful additional support for the CICM Level 5 Diploma in Credit Management.
What will it cover?
- Overview of the small claims track
- Types of cases appropriate and financial limits
- Provisions of the Civil Procedure Rules
excluded from the small claims track
- Case management directions
- Preparation for the hearing
- Calling witnesses – who needs to appear
- Conduct of hearing – including hints on cross
- Mediation and the small claims track
- Costs rules on the small claims track –
including witness expenses
- Dealing with the case without attendance
- Non-attendance, setting aside and re-hearing
Duration: One day
Delivery: At your offices
Timing: At your convenience
Tailored: Programme delivery can be tailored to meet your particular requirements
Recommended next courses:
Advanced debt recovery through the courts
“Excellent – very informative day.” Credit Manager, Building Supplies
Interested to find out more:
T: +44 (0)1780 722907