Member of the CICM Apply now
MCICM status recognises credit management professionals who hold a CICM Level 5 Diploma (sometimes called MCICM(Grad)), or who deliver organisational performance by developing and managing the full credit management cycle. This is senior/management level recognition.
Achieving Membership MCICM status will inspire confidence with employers and clients, and reduce risks for your organisation. The MCICM professional letters:
- Demonstrate that you possess up-to-date and relevant credit management skills and knowledge.
- Show your commitment towards good practice, continuing professional development and our Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure you remain relevant and more employable.
- Give exclusive access to professional networks and events
- Give access to member resources such as online learning portal, mentor service, CM magazine, webinars and more.
Member by qualification (MCICM (grad): To find out more about studying CICM qualifications to achieve Membership, please click here.
Member by experience (MCICM): Are you ready to apply?
The purpose of the application process is to establish if your experience meets the membership requirements for Member of the CICM. You’ll need to demonstrate your experience by sharing specific examples of your recent work, clearly showing how they match the membership requirements. See the How to Apply for CICM Professional Membership for more detail.
You will need to show evidence in your application that you have five years’ experience completing all mandatory and at least 50% of the additional requirements listed below.
You can apply by online submission or by telephone interview (please call 01780 722 903 to book).
MCICM Mandatory requirements – five years’ current experience:
- Managing the credit management cycle
- Working either in commercial/consumer/export credit/collections or a credit related organisation (as an employee or a consultant)
- Focusing on current work and planning for the future, thinking 12-18 months ahead.
MCICM Additional requirements – five years’ current experience:
- Managing the credit department/process and making decisions concerning credit limits, acceptable levels of risk and payment terms.
- Managing relations with collection/reporting agencies and third parties.
- Working closely with the sales and other relevant departments.
- Developing and ensuring compliance with the credit/collections policy, recommending changes to senior management.
- Creating a credit/collections scoring model.
- Managing customer credit files.
- Investigating high value/risk customer credit applications.
- Visiting high value/risk customers to establish relationships.
- Monitoring credit reviews.
- Using business metrics and feedback to measure the effectiveness of credit/collections activity.
- Demonstrating excellent commercial understanding of your organisation and business environment.
- Managing compliance with relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, such as Data Protection and FCA.
NB: You do not have to be line-managing a team to achieve MCICM status.
Throughout your application, the assessors will be looking for evidence of:
- all Mandatory
- at least 50% of the Additional Requirements
- your underpinning knowledge
When you submit your application online you will need to upload the following documents, please have them ready.
- Your up-to-date CV (or complete section one in the form)
- Your CPD evidence (or complete section five of the form)
- Sponsor statement document
- Other evidence documents
- Overview of levels
- How to Apply for CICM Professional Membership
- Online application form
- Telephone online form
- Membership FAQs
- Sponsor form
To discuss membership call +44 (0)1780 722903 or email: email@example.com