Negotiate with confidence and reduce rent arrears with this interactive 2-day training. Build confidence in collecting from vulnerable people. Practice taking and making calls and seeing expert trainers role play challenging situations.
What will you gain?
- New techniques to raise your effectiveness in
collecting from vulnerable debtors.
- Confidence in dealing with difficult and
- Post-course assignment if you are interested
in getting qualified.
Who is it for?
The training is designed for anyone who works for a council, housing association or private landlord and is keen to improve rent collections.
What will it cover?
- Social housing values & collections philosophy
- What makes a good telephone collector?
- Recognising different types of defaulters
- How do debtors think and prioritise money?
- Telephone techniques – striking the balance
- How to secure a direct debit payment
- Inter-personal skills for handling calls
- Being and staying assertive
- Dealing with opposition and conflict
- Telephone collections cycle
Duration: One day
Delivery: At your offices
Timing: At your convenience
Tailored: Programme delivery can be tailored to meet your particular requirements
Recommended next courses:
Negotiating and Influencing
Advanced telephone collections
“I feel I have the right balance now when collecting from vulnerable debtors.”
Collector, Housing Association
Interested to find out more:
T: +44 (0)1780 722907