What are the terms and conditions of CICM Membership?
1. You must satisfy the Institute’s membership entry criteria, as detailed on the Institute’s website.
2. You may upgrade your membership on satisfying the membership criteria for a higher membership grade.
3. You are responsible for maintaining your continuous professional development (“CPD”) to uphold the professional standards required by the Institute. CICM may request evidence of CPD records at any time during your membership for monitoring purposes if you are a professional member.
4. You must comply with and promote the principles of the Code of Professional Conduct.
5. Membership entitles, where applicable, the use of professional letters as recognition of the membership grade achieved.
6. Your membership is valid for one year from your join or renewal date.
7. Membership of the Institute in each category of membership and access to member services is conditional upon the payment of the appropriate subscription fee, and joining/assessment fee as appropriate.
8. All joining, assessment and subscription fees are non-refundable and membership is non-transferrable.
9. To renew your membership you must pay your subscription fee in full before or on your renewal date.
10. Where any subscription is not paid by the renewal date, your membership will lapse. You will be served with notice allowing 28 days grace period from the renewal date to make the necessary payment.
11. During the grace period, (a) you remain subject to the Code of Professional Conduct and (b) the Institute reserves the right to withdraw or suspend access to any member services.
12. At the expiry of the grace period, if the due fees have not been received in full by CICM, your membership shall be terminated and you will lose the right to use your professional letters.
13. You will cease to be a member if any subscription or other sum payable to the Institute is not paid by the due date and remains unpaid 28 days after renewal date.
14. The CICM conduct panel reserves the right to sanction expulsion from membership in accordance with the CICM conduct procedures. Other sanctions may also be applied and/or the panel may recommend publication of case details in full or in part.
15. All intellectual property which exists in the materials provided to members as part of the member services are owned by CICM and/or its content providers.
16. Membership does not confer any right to use CICM intellectual property, including the CICM brand and logo, except where expressly provided in writing.
17. You shall not:
a) licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign or otherwise commercially exploit materials, including passwords, provided by the Institute; or
b) licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign or otherwise commercially exploit or otherwise make the member services available to any third party.
18. CICM may at any time alter, amend, change, modify or withdraw any of the membership benefits that comprise the membership offering. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to-date with all such changes and your membership renewal and continued use of the member services shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.