Practical Credit Vetting and Decisioning
From this training course, you will gain:
· Closer alignment to your organisation’s risk appetite
· Practical tools for assessing the risk of credit customers
· Confidence to make or recommend tangible credit decisions
· Skills in communicating risk and controls in a succinct and useable format
· A platform for adapting and improving existing assessment and communication tools.
This training course is for:
Credit Professionals that vet new or existing B2B customers and makes credit risk decisions or recommendations on that basis. It is particularly useful to those who are tasked with communicating and reporting their findings. Team leads can use this training as a springboard for process development and change projects.
This training course covers:
1. Risk and reward: purpose of credit risk control and the balance of objectives.
2. Credit risks: identify the main credit risks and how to reduce them.
3. Approach to risk assessment: 3-step approach to assessing the credit risk of a customer.
4. Financial interpretation: identify and analyse key financial indicators of a business.
5. Tools and techniques: how to use data, credit limits, risk categories, securities and terms.
6. Bespoke assessment tool: design a checklist tool to recommend risk.
7. Decision making: create and communicate justifiable recommendations.
8. Risk assessment PR: risk assessment opportunities and sales profitability.
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 1 Strategy and policy
BS 2 Business and regulatory acumen
BS 3 Know your customer/client
BS 4 Financial and data interpretation
PS 1 Communication and relationship-building
PS 2 Problem-solving and decision-making
B1 Inquiring; B2 Future Focused; B3 Resolute; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical