Members of CICM have access to a wide range of free advice and guidance from industry experts with our member advice service. This, along with a variety of membership benefits, ensure that our members are at the top of their game.
The CICM Members' Financial Support Fund (formerly known as the CICM Benevolent Fund) was established in 1994 to assist members or former members of the Institute, or their dependents, who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress. The Fund has been used to assist members of the Institute in various ways. It has:
- Financed the purchase of a mobility scooter for a disabled member
- Helped finance the studies of the daughter of a member who became unexpectedly ill
- Financed the purchase of computer equipment to assist an unemployed member set up a business
- Contributed towards the purchase of an orthopedic bed for one member whose condition was thereby greatly eased
- Helped with payment for a drug, not available on the NHS, for medical treatment of another member.
Any member, or former member, finding themselves in difficult circumstances and requiring financial assistance.
CICM membership is particularly valuable when seeking employment. Members who have been made redundant, and can demonstrate they are suffering hardship as a result, can apply for support through the payment of their membership subscription for one year. An application can be made at any time and a supporting letter explaining the circumstances should be submitted to [email protected].
If you are in need of subscription support – Please fill out the subscription support form below. Terms and conditions apply and CICM reserves the right to refuse or withdraw funding benefits at any time.
You can find external support within CICM, but you can also reach out to other supportive credit communities such as:
Association of International Credit and Trade Finance Professionals
Founded in 2010 – and with offices in Baltimore, US, and Oxford, UK – The Association of International Credit and Trade Finance Professionals – known as ICTF – is an independent, not-for-profit member-lead association, providing networking and education to those who seek to widen their expertise in the field of international credit and trade finance. With that objective in mind, ICTF proudly offers a partnership whereby CICM members can benefit from discounts on introductory first-year membership rates when they join ICTF and against ICTF/Thunderbird School of Global Management Online Course fees.
For further information – including registration and experience criteria details – please visit www.ictfworld.org
FECMA also seeks:
• To promote the development of the profession of the credit manager
• To encourage and promote research, study, knowledge and the publication of that knowledge relating to all aspects of credit management
• To encourage the highest possible ethical standards in credit management personnel
• To encourage the formation of national credit management associations in countries where none exists at present
• To promote good relations and understanding between the various national credit management associations