Best Practice Skills to Assess Credit Risk
This live and interactive training session helps you understand credit risk. It gives you the knowledge, tools and techniques necessary to assess your customers and to recommend the appropriate risk controls for each. By working through the stages of credit risk assessment and using the financial and non-financial information available to you, you will build a best practice approach to better credit risk assessment.
What will you gain?
- Information sources for greater credit risk visibility
- Useable processes for practical credit risk assessment
- Confidence to make or recommend tangible credit decisions
- Maximised sales within a controlled risk environment.
Who is it for?
This training is suitable for anyone tasked with vetting new or existing B2B customers for credit risk. The best practice approach will benefit those new to the role and those who have been working in risk assessment for a while.
What will it cover?
- Risk and reward – purpose of credit risk control and the balance of objectives.
- Credit risks – identifying the main credit risks and how to reduce them.
- Sales maximisation – how to manage risk in a growth-focused environment.
- Approach to risk assessment – 3-step vetting approach to credit risk assessment.
- Applying tools and techniques – use of data, limits, categories, securities & terms.
- Decision making – creating justifiable recommendations for credit parameters.
- Risk assessment PR – risk assessment opportunities and sales profitability.
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 1 Strategy and policy
BS 2 Business and regulatory acumen
BS 3 Know your customer/client
BS 4 Financial and data interpretation
PS 1 Communication and relationship-building
PS 2 Problem-solving and decision-making
B1 Inquiring; B2 Future Focused; B3 Resolute; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical
Delivery: online or in person.