Judgement and Decision Making
Are you a little unsure of how to judge a situation before making the final decision? Or do you find yourself frequently referring your decisions to your line manager, just to be on the safe side? As you progress in your credit and collections work, you may find yourself faced with more complex decisions. If you are struggling with decision-making or are turning to others too often for confirmation before taking the action, then this workshop will be helpful to you.
What will you gain?
· More self-belief in your ability to analyse information
· Mock examples to test your decision-making skills
· A referral structure to combat the comfort referral habit
· Greater confidence about when and how to refer decisions to another person.
Who is it for?
Any front-line team member, senior, floor walker, or referral point within a collections and/or credit control environment. It is particularly useful to those who make strategic or operational credit/collections related decisions.
What will it cover?
· Your own soft skills, judgement and decision-making ability
· How F.E.A.R. and information can influence your judgement and decision making
· The beliefs model and how you can use it to your benefit
· Testing your decision-making skills
· How a referral structure helps combat “Comfort Referrals”
· How to handle wrong decisions and poor referrals.
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 2 Business and regulatory acumen
PS 1 Communication and relationship-building
PS 2 Problem solving and decision-making
PS 3 Support and influencing
PS 5 Team-working and leadership
B3 Resolute; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical.
Delivery: Online, on demand or in person