Taking Control of Goods
The Taking Control of Goods course can be accessed for Free with CICM Membership via the CICM Knowledge Hub.
1. Understand the role of enforcement agents within the enforcement profession.
- Describe the structure of the enforcement sector.
- Explain the purpose of the enforcement profession.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of enforcement agents in accordance with legal requirements.
- Explain the meaning of commonly used terminology.
2. Understand the law relevant to enforcement agents.
- Identify the powers and obligations conferred by relevant Acts and regulations.
- Identify aspects of human rights legislation that are relevant to enforcement.
- Identify enforcement agents’ obligations in respect of data protection legislation.
- State possible consequences of not complying with legislation and regulations.
3. Understand the practice of taking control of goods.
- Identify categories of legally exempt goods.
- Explain enforcement agent’s rights of entry and re-entry.
- Describe how to deal with common types of claims and exemption disputes.
- Explain the process of taking control of goods in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Understand the practice of removal and sale of goods.
- Explain the process of removal of controlled goods in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Explain how to sell controlled goods in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Describe the implications of the sale of controlled goods on those involved.
5. Understand relevant aspects of customer care.
- Describe how an enforcement agent can deliver good customer care in accordance with national standards.
- Describe how to deal with vulnerable people in accordance with national standards and regulations.
- Describe how to handle complaints in accordance with national standards and regulations.
6. Understand how to manage conflict situations.
- Assess risks associated with a range of conflict situations.
- Explain how to reduce risks associated with potential conflict situations.
- Explain how to defuse conflict situations.