Sussex & Surrey Branch Event
9:30 -9:55 – Giuseppe Parla, Business Recovery Senior Manager
With the current Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act reform restrictions in place, a creditor is not currently able to petition for a company’s winding up. However, this new legislation does not restrict creditors petitioning for the administration of a company. In the webinar we will consider:
- What is an administration?
- What considerations do you need to make before using the administration option?
- When is the administration a suitable alternative to winding up the company?
9:55 – 10:20 – Gavin Cunningham, Forensic Services Partner
Unprecedented financial stimulus during the pandemic has helped UK businesses to weather exceptionally tough trading conditions and keep cash flowing. However, doing so has ultimately led to a ‘perfect storm’ for fraud. During this presentation, we will consider:
- Furlough and business loan fraud
- Examples of recent fraud cases
- What to look out for and how to protect your position
10:20 Q & A