Avoid inaccurate information about export payments and contracting, by choosing this training session for professionally delivered, up to date information that aligns with international best practice.
In a globalised world, export provides a vastly expanded marketplace and better spread of risk. International payment systems allow safe trading provided the rules, processes and responsibilities are fully understood and applied. Export success therefore requires a sound understanding of the procedures involved, together with robust export credit control and mitigation of risk. This training provides everything you need to succeed.
What will you gain?
· Up-to-date knowledge of export credit risk
· Practical skills that allow effective assessment of export risk
· Improved selection of appropriate payment terms and methods of payment
· Ability to assess the effect of IncoTerms® on payment choice
Who is it for?
Suitable for everyone involved in export operations, including export credit control and finance, documentation, shipping, export administration, sales, and order processing. It is also helpful for more senior personnel such as export and finance managers.
What will it cover?
· Export credit risk
· Credit risk assessments
· Sources of information
· Selection of payment method
· Credit risk insurance
· Payment methods, including Letters of Credit (overview level), Bank Collections, Open Account, Advance Payment
This training session is aligned to the following CICM Professional Standards:
BS 2 Business and regulatory acumen
BS 3 Know your customer/client
BS 4 Financial and data interpretation
PS 2 Problem solving and decision making
PS 5 Team working and leadership
B2 Future focused; B4 Resilient; B5 Ethical.
Delivery: Adaptable online, on demand or in person courses in the UK and overseas