Strategic Communications and Leadership
- Be able to evaluate communication in relation to a department.
- Know how to improve communication in order to achieve positive outcomes
- Understand the role of leaders in helping teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of departmental communication in relation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Use theory to explain any barriers to communication with stakeholders.
- On the basis of research, explain the impact of communication styles on work group issues
- Apply a range of appropriate communication styles to achieve positive outcomes in line with strategic objectives.
- Use theory to explain effective leadership communication practices.
- Demonstrate the impact of leaders in helping teams achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Communication theories and analysis techniques
- Sources of conflict, aspects of conflict internally and externally, conflict styles
- Conflict management and resolution
- Negotiation and influencing techniques
- Importance of good leadership in achieving goals and objectives
- Measuring team performance against organisational goals
- Concepts of influence, authority and power and the responsibilities of leaders
- Effectiveness of leaders in achieving goals including attributes of a good leader
- Factors that influence behaviour at work
- Strategies for building motivation, high level skills and responsibility
Book your course
Study this course with either Virtual Classes, Learning Support Service or completely independently